Skip to main content

Genius Hour Post #6- Expect the Mutiny

This week mutiny held no mercy on the Cucinella household. It all began on Saturday morning when we had workers in to demo our son's new bedroom. This room has not been touched since probably the early 1970s and we have had no reason to update it yet, so now is the time! We are currently in phase 2 of the room.



There was dust everywhere! Two days later, our house was back in order after a lot of dust removal and my son started showing signs of sickness. After finding that 8 out of 20 students in his preschool class were sick with Influenza B, I brought him to the dr to conclude that he was lucky patient #9.

After 3 sleepless nights with my son, I was hopeful that we were over the hump, I got him to bed and I was hopeful I could get in a good hour of working on my Genius Hour project. My husband was showering and getting ready for work when I realized I heard a noise from the kitchen.



We were extremely lucky to have a plumber come the very next day. 


I had my hands tied and there wasn't a whole lot that I could do, but I was not about to give up on this project. 

I was expecting "The Dip." How would I carry on? 



My house was covered in dust and water, my son wouldn't leave my side and my work was piling up. I've realized through this process that Marie Kondo just isn't my girl. I decided to get on Pinterest and find a professional organizer who inspired me and understood my style. This is where I found the amazing founder of Clutterbug, Cassandra Aarssen. 

This lady is my organized spirit animal. You begin by taking a (free) online test to determine what type of Clutterbug you are. I identify as a ladybug! What this means is that I like things neat and tidy and put away, but I hate the process of putting it away in it's spot. Taking off lids and opening containers... it is not for me. Therefore, I like open, well-organized, containers. 

No one, and I mean no one, gets me like Cas does! Are you a ladybug? See below! 



Images from: Clutterbug.com





Comments

  1. Gah! When it rains, it pours(no pun intended). I think I am a ladybug too! My life reminds me of that Sesame Street skit in which the muppet opens the closet door and everything falls out. I think I need to research this organization guru and get some tips. I find myself so much more relaxed when my life feels organized. Clutter and chaos push me right over the edge.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

*Sigh* Twitter

I remember the moment Kim Darche said: "in this class, you will use Twitter." I felt the heart palpitations begin, sweaty palms, blood pressure rising... and I don't understand why I felt that way. I've given Twitter two past attempts and I really just couldn't get it. I remember when Twitter became a thing right after I got out of college. It was just a stream of people's thoughts, and I recall thinking it was just one more social media app that I had to check, like a chore. Five years later, I gave it another try as an older, more professional adult. I still just couldn't get into it. During this course, I decided I wanted to put all reservations aside and give Twitter one last attempt; I must admit, I don't entirely hate it. I still feel like it is just one more social media app to check, but I do see it's value. I still struggle with feeling like I'm getting only a preview and people's posts that leave me wanting more. This course ...

Genius Hour Post #3: What's your sentence?

Well, here's an update... I've changed my project. I began to prepare for my Genius Hour Project, Prenatal Diet and Excercise. I began by cleaning out my kitchen of all the food that was expired or high in sugar. I then went up to my room to organize all of my maternity clothes, work out clothes and exercise equipment. I was finding so much satisfaction in organizing my things and getting rid of things I no longer needed or wanted (or sparked joy if you will..) that I found my passion for these next several weeks will be simplifying and organizing my life.  Ever since becoming a mom, I have experienced some real anxiety. I constantly feel out of control. Growing up, I always loved to have my way, on my own time. Now I have these little humans in my life which I cannot control... and it drives me bananas! I also have a husband who works (a very dangerous job) for long, crazy hours. None of these things I can control. But what I can control, is putting my life in order; reduci...