Well, here's an update... I've changed my project. I began to prepare for my Genius Hour Project, Prenatal Diet and Excercise. I began by cleaning out my kitchen of all the food that was expired or high in sugar. I then went up to my room to organize all of my maternity clothes, work out clothes and exercise equipment. I was finding so much satisfaction in organizing my things and getting rid of things I no longer needed or wanted (or sparked joy if you will..) that I found my passion for these next several weeks will be simplifying and organizing my life.
Ever since becoming a mom, I have experienced some real anxiety. I constantly feel out of control. Growing up, I always loved to have my way, on my own time. Now I have these little humans in my life which I cannot control... and it drives me bananas! I also have a husband who works (a very dangerous job) for long, crazy hours. None of these things I can control. But what I can control, is putting my life in order; reducing the junk and organizing the important things.
She controlled what was in her control.
This will be my mantra over these next several weeks. Purging the junk, and organizing the remains is something I can control. I've been on Pinterest, a LOT, researching best tidying practices and studying Marie Kondo. Marie Kondo recommends that you do all the junk removal in one day. That, my friend, is not possible.
I found a list of quotes by Marie Kondo that give me so much joy and have kept me going through this organization process so far.
1. Tidying is the act of confronting yourself.
2. We can only transform our lives if we sincerely want to.
3. Anxiety arises from not being able to see the whole picture. If you feel anxious, but are not sure why, try putting your things in order. (LOVE THIS!)
4. Follow your intuition and all will be well.
5. Tidying orders and relaxes the mind.
6. Tidying your physical space allows you to tend to your psychological space.
And..
7. Cherish the things you love. Cherish yourself.
This week as I was getting rid of things, I decided to donate a lot of my children's things and even sell some things on Facebook Marketplace! This week I sold
...a Michael Kors purse,
....a full-sized bed,
....and a China set (which was left in our house when we bought it..) that we never have taken out of the cabinet!
And this week I'm $300 richer!

This is such a fun project, Jen! I love your sentence too - such a great reminder, not only in terms of cleaning and organization, but a great mantra for everyday life! Will you help me post some of my things on Facebook Marketplace??
ReplyDelete