Skip to main content

Blog Post 7- We are Learners

Last week I struggled with staying motivated to continue my project through the flu taking over my house and a leaky ceiling. This week, I was out of the classroom two days, my youngest also having the flu, as well as my grandmother-in-law staying with us from out of town for a full week. I was determined to stay motivated after last week.

I decided that in this process, I've gotten rid of a lot of things and really decluttered. What I wanted to make my major project was the office/playroom. This room is really more of a multi-purpose room that I just never can seem to get my mind wrapped around what exactly I want it to be. Is it a mud room? Is it an office? Is it a play room? Unfortunately it was all of those things. The part that makes me feel the most out of control is the desk with all of the papers on it.

As I have been reading everything Clutterbug has to offer, I've learned that my "clutterbug" identity is a ladybug. Ladybugs like things neat and put away, but don't like anything with lids because nobody has time for that!! Therefore, ladybugs like to put stuff away in their respective spots, out of sight, but don't want to mess with the lids. The desk always became one giant cluttered pile of bills, art projects from preschool, insurance papers, and quite frankly... a lot of randomness! I've decided that I MUST get rid of the desk altogether to get rid of this problem. I've invested in two, small, file folder bins for now that I will put all of my papers into. They come with lids, but until I can get my life under control, I refuse to use the lids.

My youngest brother has graciously agreed to take the oversized desk off my hands! I will end with what I feel is a very happy ending,... a before and after of the work I've done on my multi-purpose room so far from week 1-7. 

Before: Ugly couch- GONE
After- Daybed for company once baby comes- SCORE!





 
Before- Good LORD! 
After- Getting there!

Before- Anxiety
After- Baby steps!


Before- Shoes all over right in the entry way
After- Shoes tucked away for a clear entryway


Comments

  1. What I admire so much about your work.. is that you have this great way of reflecting through all the "life stuff" that happens as you are trying to be successful at something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to the LIFE STRUGGLES as a mom. Kudos to you for keeping at it... regardless of the chaos around you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

*Sigh* Twitter

I remember the moment Kim Darche said: "in this class, you will use Twitter." I felt the heart palpitations begin, sweaty palms, blood pressure rising... and I don't understand why I felt that way. I've given Twitter two past attempts and I really just couldn't get it. I remember when Twitter became a thing right after I got out of college. It was just a stream of people's thoughts, and I recall thinking it was just one more social media app that I had to check, like a chore. Five years later, I gave it another try as an older, more professional adult. I still just couldn't get into it. During this course, I decided I wanted to put all reservations aside and give Twitter one last attempt; I must admit, I don't entirely hate it. I still feel like it is just one more social media app to check, but I do see it's value. I still struggle with feeling like I'm getting only a preview and people's posts that leave me wanting more. This course ...

Genius Hour Post #3: What's your sentence?

Well, here's an update... I've changed my project. I began to prepare for my Genius Hour Project, Prenatal Diet and Excercise. I began by cleaning out my kitchen of all the food that was expired or high in sugar. I then went up to my room to organize all of my maternity clothes, work out clothes and exercise equipment. I was finding so much satisfaction in organizing my things and getting rid of things I no longer needed or wanted (or sparked joy if you will..) that I found my passion for these next several weeks will be simplifying and organizing my life.  Ever since becoming a mom, I have experienced some real anxiety. I constantly feel out of control. Growing up, I always loved to have my way, on my own time. Now I have these little humans in my life which I cannot control... and it drives me bananas! I also have a husband who works (a very dangerous job) for long, crazy hours. None of these things I can control. But what I can control, is putting my life in order; reduci...